But our suppliers in Dallas cut 60-mil TPO lead times to 7–10 days this week, but I’m booking three crews solid through March with a 14-day backlog. I’m rebalancing tear-off vs install crews and adding a Saturday shift to hold dates; are others adjusting allocation the same way?
Same here — TPO down to ‘7–10 days’ but we’re still staring at a ‘14-day backlog’, . I spun up a small prep crew to pre-stage ISO/plates/edge metal and prefab curbs in the shop so install crews can knock a job in 1–1.5 days, and we sub demo-only tear‑offs on Saturdays to save foreman OT. Are you keeping tear‑off in-house or comfortable subbing that piece?
Seeing 60‑mil TPO at ‘7–10 days’ here too, but the ‘14‑day backlog’ still bites — . We cap tear‑offs to what we can fully dry‑in by 2 pm, batch crane days and lock inspections to Thursdays, and switched to split shifts instead of a Saturday add; anyone else finding that keeps dates without burning out crews?
Rebalancing crews makes sense, especially with those timelines tightening up. I’ve started using a couple of my best foremen to manage schedules directly; it really helps in optimizing resource allocation. Are you finding that your Saturday shifts are easing any strain on your backlog?